Unless you’ve been stuck in an elevator for the last 20 years, you’ve probably heard the concept of Core Values or Core Ideology for a business. This is the idea that every business has a unique set of values which underpin everything it does.
And the cool thing is that really, every business has core values. They already exist in your business too, but perhaps you haven’t worked them out yet.
But moving the idea of Core Values from the pages of a business book to something you practise on a daily basis isn’t as easy as it might seem. And that’s why most organizations have not yet defined their core values.
We want to change that – contact us today to arrange your free, no obligation Discovery Session and find out how we can help you with your Core Values.
Identifying your Core Values can be harder than it might seem initially, but that’s only the first step in the process. After that, you need to express them to all your staff, and then create a culture that ensures your Core Values are shared by everyone in your company. Human Nature Development walks you through a tried-and-tested process to identify, test, and share your Core Values.
So why bother? Why is identifying your Core Ideology so important?
- It helps you to gain clarity and direction on what you are doing and why. If your enthusiasm has waned, reconnecting with what is really important to you, your purpose and your passion, will help to re-engage you with your business.
- It sets up your organization to keep doing the work it was set up to do, without you needing to be there 24/7 to control everything. Core Values provide accountability.
- It helps you to stop chasing after the wrong things! When a business grows, it is important for it to stay true to its core. Understanding what is important will help to identify which strategies fit the business best (and those which don’t fit!)
- It helps you make sure you fill your business with the right people, and helps identify those people that are causing headaches because they don’t fit your core values.
- It helps you get clear on your marketing messages, and therefore attract more of your ideal clients.
- It helps you improve motivation and morale in your team, and get everyone moving in the same direction.
- It builds solid foundations for growth, helping to keep your business true to what really matters, doing more of the right things, with more of the right people, and more ideal clients.
Human Nature Development’s Core Values Program is a one-time investment in the future success of your business. Once you have identified and solidified your Core Values, they don’t change, but they will drive everything you do, help you with every recruitment process, every decision, and help all your people do the right things.
Who is it for? If you can identify with any of the following, get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you. Arrange an informal chat with no obligation.
- I have no idea what my core values are but I’m interested to identify them.
- I have a vague idea what my core values are, but haven’t put them on paper.
- I know my company’s core values, but I’m not sure what to do with them.
- I know my company’s core values, they are on the wall, but they haven’t made the difference I thought they would.
Every business is different, and we’d love to find out more about yours – we are waiting for your call or your email!
Want more? Check out this article on Core Values…